Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Student Life at SBCC (Intro)



Well we are speeding quite fast into summer, which only means the workload at SBCC is going to be a little more intense this month. This is when we start running to the library to get ourselves focused and when we become closer to classmates. It takes several weeks for people to really get to know each other, so I can say this is about the time where friendships are established.  At Santa Barbara City College we have a diverse group of students in different stages of life. It really changes your perspective. I honestly love this about my school because despite all our differences, we shared a common choice to attend this college. This is what brings us all together. And you know what? Not all friendships can be established in classrooms, some could be by sitting next to someone on at the cafe. And the beauty of it, is there's no cliques, there's just people. 
My Saturday night at SBCC, doing stadiums
I really give international students or even out of state students props for moving out here because I can only imagine how difficult it is to adjust to a new life here. The things they would have to consider is first and foremost a place to live, secondly a part-time job, then transportation, adjusting to school, and finding time to explode the new strange place you now live in. I think now that the end of spring semester is approaching, I am going to take the time to address each and one of these concerns for incoming students. 

But of course you'll be hearing about my own progress on my college acceptances and my the rest of my spring semester. 

-KIKI REYES 


No comments:

Post a Comment