Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Music with Xochipilli, Songwriting, Folk and Techno, Bonnie and Clyde


I'm really looking forward to break because I can really focus on my music. My friend/ songwriting partner, Xochipilli and I will be possibly working on a acoustic EP this winter. I originally took a break from music to focus on school, but I would always find myself writing songs. 

Well anyways his genre of music is so different than my folk rock, he's more of techno/ dance artist, which really hard to collaborate with when we wrote our first song, "Bonnie and Clyde" together.  I remember it was suppose to be a dance track, but I spent hours singing the same two lines trying to make it work, but it didn't sound natural it was more artificial. On our break from recording he started playing our song on piano and I started singing in my normal singing range, then he harmonized with me. That moment was so powerful for us. The song ended exposing our music abilities and taking it to the next level.
I'm very proud of this track. (Download it here, its worth your time http://www.mediafire.com/download/ydox96j32yyj8pv/08+Bonnie+and+Clyde+Ft.+Kiki+Reyes+%28Album+Version%29.mp3)

Xochipilli, (as known as Andrew Gutierrez) has a new EP entitled, Human, coming out soon. I was able to help pick out the song order and I got a preview of this album. I can't wait for you guys to hear it.

I know me and my music obsession

-KIKI REYES



No comments:

Post a Comment