Saturday, May 24, 2014

Isla Vista Tragedy


Hi everyone this is officially my first day as a Santa Barbara City College Alumni.

Before I want to give my farewells ,
I wanted to address the tragedy that happened last night. This was not a very great year for Isla Vista and sadly for those who call that small town their home and those who will. This is completely overwhelming for SBCC, UCSB students who actually witnessed this catastrophe in action. I can not begin to imagine being in that situation or what I could of done to save those poor innocent lives lost. It makes me even more upset realizing that it wasn't an ordinary Friday night because many SBCC students graduated yesterday and UCSB's graduation is arriving shorty as well. My prayers go out their families and friends and to those who have been affected in any way from this massacre. To everyone: If you ever feel lonely, depressed, isolated, reach out to someone and it doesn't have to be a therapist. Maybe a sibling or a parent or a family friend or a professor. Don't be afraid to get help.

- KIKI REYES

*** For more information on the Isla Vista Shooting stay tune for KEYT News. http://www.keyt.com/ 

https://twitter.com/KEYTNC3

No comments:

Post a Comment