Monday, October 7, 2013

Creative Juices, Iration, Job Interview Fail, Intro to Driving School,Cal States


Don't you just love that moment when you can finally feel things falling into their rightful place? Despite that I've lost some sleep over the weekend, because my friends and I enriched our souls with an all night movie night, everything is running smoothly. Time management is the key to success, but I have also learned that a little procrastination sparks inspiration . So its okay to be a little disorganized at times if it gets your creative juices flowing.

My sister just brought us tickets to see our favorite reggae band, Iration... Rebelution is a plus too. The great part about going to this concert is that not only do we get to hear one of our favorite bands, we also get to help fund for the Rockshop Academy. It's music academy for kids interested in starting rock bands and such. I think tickets are still available, so get them before they sell out! (on the right Iration and Rebelution poster, on the left my friend Syd and I, I'm wearing my Iration hat!)

I remember the last time they were in town, they had a concert at the Velvet Jones over the summer. I was unable to go because I had a job interview that day at LUSH Cosmetics. My friends went without me and a week later I received a phone call that I didn't get the job. I was disappointed, but I realize it was for the best because:
1. It was a group interview and I always seem to mess those up.
2. I came off as awkward and shy, during my interview, which is kind of the opposite of who I actually am. I mean I can't force being outgoing it just happens around people I'm comfortable with and clearly my fellow interviewees were pretty intimidating.
3. I wasn't really feeling it, just wasn't where I saw myself working. There was this girl in my group interview who was very peppy and confident. I hope she got the job, she seemed more suitable for it than I did.

So now I work at a driving school, and I don't have a license. It doesn't make sense, that's why I like it! Accept for the fact that I have make DMV appointments for people younger than me. I mean I do have my permit so at least I'm not starting from the bottom. Sitting in that desk awaiting our clients calls is where I do most of my thinking, but sometimes I loose my train of thought because the phone rings.

I had a brief break while I was at work and I remembered that the Cal State applications were open on October 1st. So I went on CSU Mentor and started my applications and I submitted them this weekend. I applied to the following Cal States:
San Francisco State (kinda my first choice)
Cal Poly Pomona
Cal State Channel Islands
Cal State Northridge
Somona State
I hope to transfer Fall 2014! Pray for me to get accepted to any of these!
(Me on my visit to San Francisco earlier this year on the right)

If you see me around school don't be afraid to approach me and say hi :)

-KIKI REYES





No comments:

Post a Comment