Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Progress on Meeting New People, Rewards, Iration and Rebelution, Halloween



It was nice and cold today on the East Campus



It was about a month ago, that I told myself I would start trying to get to know as many SBCC students before I transfer, and I've been on a hiatus with that. Until this Monday, I was walking from the East campus (where there's many science related buildings, there's the bookstore, and the stadium, and the construction noises carrying startling sound waves into our ears) to my Creative Writing class, which is on the West campus (Where its home to the library, IDC building, and fountain). I walked along the bridge and I saw a guy who looked familiar. I thought it was my friend from high school named David. I walked faster to catch up to him and when I got closer I yelled "David!" The guy turned around and it wasn't him. Awkward. I decided to continue talking to him until I made it to the IDC building, where my class was and he had class at the BC forum. We had a nice conversation he told me he was a Math major and we both had class at 11:10am, which we happened to both be walking to. I unintentionally remembered my goal of meeting new people and thought I need to get on that before I transfer.


Iration
My man Micah, of Iration
I think the reason I haven't been able to pursue my miscellaneous goals is because I've been completely focused on pursuing my academic goals. It's a big deal on my behalf, that transfer next year. So this week and the week before I've been studying like crazy. I chose to go out this weekend to the Iration/ Rebelution concert as a reward for all my long hours of studying. You could tell how passionate both bands were about their music, they created such an amazing vibe for their audience. Everyone was singing along to their old and new songs. I even took a picture with Micah of Iration!!!

The concert happened to also be a fundraiser, which also included many RSA (Rockshop Academy) students performing, like the awesome band, The caverns. I can't even explained their performance, it was beyond talent (https://www.facebook.com/thecavernsofficial). They have inspired me to get moving with my music career.

My house decorations
So, anyways another awesome reward is Halloween, whether you hand trick-or-treaters candy, have friends over for a horror movie night, or attend a Halloween party. Let's keep in mind on that last option, you need to be safe if your going out with friends to parties. I have decorated my house and am ready for my trick-or-treaters. I have also bought my costume.

I use to work at a Halloween store downtown, which was my first job. I was able to get a good discount on my costume when I worked there last year. I remember I worked a long shift on Halloween. I was dressed as pirate at work and I was gypsy later in the evening. You guys should definitely check that store out, its on State Street. Its filled with almost every costume you can think of and of course decorations if your into decorating your dorm or apartment. The store is called "World of Magic"
(http://www.yelp.com/biz/world-of-magic-santa-barbara)

My costume last year at work.


-KIKI REYES

P.S  Another random story:
Today on this chilly October day, my tuner of two years has been broken into two pieces. The last instrument I was able to tune was my Ukulele, Craigly. I noticed this today when I was going to compose a song. Since the cold weather makes your instruments get out of tune quickly, I looked for it in the last place I had it, my ukulele case. Then, I saw it was broken when I took it out. So now my heart is broken... Until I find a new tuner to replace it. I know so dramatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment