Thursday, November 21, 2013

Birthday Surprise, Sick, Sambos, Thanksgiving, Catching Fire


Flu season was very kind to me until a few days ago. 
Jack and I on Halloween
I think I got my dog sick

On Tuesday, it was my best friend Jack's birthday, so my friend Elise and my sister Jasmine and I had the brilliant idea of going to his house at 7am and waking him up, then taking him to breakfast. We all set our alarms for 6am, but I didn't wake up until 6:40... Elise was up since 6am waiting for us. Anyways, when Jaz finally got me out of bed, I felt very light headed. I forced myself to get dressed and we went to Jack's house. We managed to sneak inside (his mom left the back door open for us to walk in) and carefully opened the door. Jack is a heavy sleeper so you can only imagine the three of us whispering loudly  to each other and trying not to laugh. We played him a birthday song and he woke up laughing, we took him to Sambo's, (http://www.sambosrestaurant.com/)
 which down the street from City College. When we were eating I felt very warm and exhausted. 




When I got home I passed out, I took a nap from 10:30am- 12:50 and was late to work. So these past few days I've been trying to focus on school, but I find myself getting tired easily. It's weird. I had to miss school, which is something I try to avoid, but since I don't want to get everyone else ill, it was best I stayed home. I am feeling a little better, except now I'm overwhelmed with school. Luckily, Thanksgiving is next week and we all get a much needed break. Instead of thinking so much about what my final grades for fall semester will be I'll be stuffing turkey and mashed potatoes in my mouth living in the moment. 

Also, some of my friends that go to school out of town ( UCLA, UCI) are coming to Santa Barbara for their break. One of my friends from Uc Irvine, Cynthia, I haven't seen in about two years because we have both been busy with school and our own lives. A few weeks ago we skyped for the first time in ages and were both pretty emotional. I can't wait to see her!
Anyways, tonight is the midnight premiere of Catching Fire (I read all the Hunger Games books they were amazing) and I unfortunately can't go because I'm sick, but I also have a research paper to write. If only papers could write themselves. I decided that I'm too sick to go see Catching Fire, but not to go to work.

I have to make a living somehow.

- KIKI REYES 

No comments:

Post a Comment