Sunday, November 3, 2013

Welcome to November, Daylight Savings Ends, Seasonal Jobs, Nails


We're now entering the early days of November, a month filled with many events including:The Ends of Daylight-Savings, No-Shave November, Spring Registration, Veteran Days, Thanksgiving, Seasonal Winter Jobs, Black Friday, and finally the real Santa Barbara winter weather. It's time to stack on the extra layer of clothes and drink lots of hot tea or hot chocolate, and obviously coffee (I'm not much of a tea drinker). 
My Fall Tea Collection

Day-Light savings has come to an end; This works in our favor because I'm sure can all use an extra hour of sleep and those breaks coming soon will only make us more relax and at ease with school. We now have to think about our Spring semester classes because registration is next week. Please check your own Registration date on your pipeline! Also, those of you looking for seasonal jobs I'm sure many places are hiring. What most are looking for, are people willing to stay in Santa Barbara for winter break. Go to the Career Center for more information. http://www.sbcc.edu/careercenter/

So I'm thinking, I wish girls had something they could do all month like the guys with their No-Shave November. What could we do? No-Makeup November? I mean it wouldn't be that bad because we could show guys our natural beauty. No-Twitter November? No....something November. I'm not sure if it necessarily needs to be giving something up right? Maybe something we could do... Nails November? Ha I got nothing... 

Speaking of nails, my friend Ashley is a successful, talented nail artist. She told me it started as a hobby. She was in her room looking up nail designs and began practicing on herself. Ashley started an Instagram page to show followers her own designs and now has over 2000 followers. This instagram fame has people hiring her to do nails at different events such as parties. Her story can inspire many to follow what they love to do and be successful at it.
You can follow her on Instagram to see many of her designs.  
More music posts to come... 
Have a great week :)

-KIKI REYES

No comments:

Post a Comment