Sunday, March 16, 2014

Hiking, Kayaking, Babysitting, Refresh


Left to right: Me, Jasmine, Blair, and Zoey
With two midterms down from last week, I decided to take this weekend to distract myself from the stress and just embrace this beautiful city I live in. I went hiking with my sister and a couple of friends on Friday. We took tunnel road and went up to inspiration point. It only took us an hour and a half, which is probably the best time I've done getting up and coming down. It also wasn't too hot or too cold considering the time we went was around five. It really was relaxing and such a great stress-reliever.


I also went kayaking this afternoon. At the Santa Barbara Sailing Center you can rent a single kayak for an hour, for only five dollars. You would have to show your student id card for the student discount of course. They also have paddle boarding, which I tried last year-it was pretty challenging and its basically all about balancing. I definitely prefer kayaking.


Despite me working on the weekdays, I also babysit on the weekends. That's what I spent my Saturday doing. I really love these kids though, one is a boy who's three and the other is a girl who's nine. Man, were they so filled with energy! I was chasing them around their house, then I  decided to  take them to the park so they could scream and run freely. It was a nice day out, so I took them to get ice cream and we went back to the park to sit on the grass. We picked flowers and rode around in tricycles and scooters, like cool kids. Babysitting really makes me forget about all my adult problems and makes me focus on my kids and how I can make them enjoy themselves.  They really make me laugh.
A flower my kid put in my hair :)


Well now that I'm rejuvenated, I can start off my week more relaxed. I'm ready to take down my next two midterms.

-KIKI REYES

No comments:

Post a Comment