Thursday, March 27, 2014

Updated Acceptances, Never Settle Rant, Salsaing


So I have recently accepted or committed to a school for Fall 2014 named CSU Channel Islands, doubting that no other school would admit me. San Francisco State has yet to email me about sending them my transcripts, which made me completely upset, but guess what happen? Cal Poly Pomona emailed me last night. Their email said something like this: 
"Dear Stephanie Reyes,
Congratulations! You have been admitted to Cal Poly Pomona for the Fall Quarter 2014 as a(n) English Major"
Cal Poly Pomona is known for their architecture
 http://www.aialosangeles.org/calendar/what-s-where-academia-practice#.UzSbbPldU8o

After I read that email last night, two thoughts ran through my head, one was how is this real life right now? and the other, I'm smarter than I give myself credit for.  Seriously, I never even considered going to this school at all and its in Pomona, two hours away from Santa Barbara. I decided I might have to keep my options open and not be committed yet, but I'm pretty sure un-committing to CI will cost me. So I'm going to kept it as is and pretend I've completely made up my mind. 


Email from CI
This is a great lesson for my fellow transfer students and future ones too, never settle! This can also be applied to other things for example:
-Never settled for relationships, because you never know when someone(the right one) might come out of nowhere and swept you off your feet.
-Never settle for a job you dislike, because there's many out there that are looking for someone with your talent.
-Never settle for grades. I know college is difficult, but if your getting a "C" in essays or tests or quizzes because you studied or did it the night before, imagine what your grade would be if you actually tried?

You get my point, just don't settle promise?  
And I'm not saying CSU Channel Islands is a not a great school, but I just want to consider all my options and being admitted to Cal Poly Pomona made me realize that. I also have to decide what school could offer me the best education, who knows maybe it is Channel Islands...


At the Dance Studio, after learning Salsa
Anyways, I hope your enjoying your break! I actually learned to Salsa dance for my sister's dance piece, obviously I won't be salsaing in it, but it was such a random and entertaining experience. I'm pretty good at it, not gonna lie. Oh yeah and I forgot to tell you guys my real name is Stephanie, (noting the email in the first paragraph) yeah don't call me that.

Until next time,

-KIKI REYES 

No comments:

Post a Comment