Thursday, March 13, 2014

Sitting with Strangers, Meditation, Transferring



Displaying photo 1.JPG
Monday afternoon at Shoreline Park
Apparently, its considered weird to sit at a table with a stranger you don't know. I do it all the time because one, I don't like sitting alone and two, its nice to make a new friend. I was waiting for a friend, Vincent outside the West Campus Cafe and I decided I would sit at a table with someone, while I waited. I asked "Hey you don't mind if I sit here?" She said "No, its fine." This girl was studying and typing on her laptop. So my friend comes out and sits at the table with me. And later our friend Blair, whom we were meeting to study, comes over and sits. We discuss our days and complaints which results in laughter, I'm not sure what we were laughing about honestly. Vincent turns over to the girl, who we now took over her table, and says "Sorry we're being loud, wait so how do you know Kiki?" She says "I don't." Blair and Vincent look over at me and laugh hysterically, which makes me and the girl join in. After a few more moments there,we got up and headed to the library. They asked me while walking, "I can't believe you do that" and "That's so funny I've never heard of someone sitting with strangers". It's weird to think that's normal to me. 

Hey, one day your reading my blog and the next I'll be blogging about an awkward moment I had with you. Hahaha its likely. 
Displaying photo.JPG
Wednesday Afternoon West campus 

The weather right now, in Santa Barbara, is teasing us. Right before my presentation for my American Literature class yesterday, my friend Alexia and I decided to relax on the grass and embrace the beautiful day. I laid down and closed my eyes, taking several deep breaths in and out. At that moment I felt peace.  I forgot about the monologue I had to do for acting and my decision of what would happen if I got accepted by San Francisco would I go? Am I ready to go? Well if I got accepted... All of those thoughts faded away and all I heard instead were students walking to class, birds chirping, and cars miles away. The sunlight felt so gentle on my skin, as if it was an innocent kiss. My day seem to be much easier after I took the time to mediate in the sun, but I wish I spent the day at the beach instead. Luckily, Spring Break is right around the corner! 

Ooooh also I got invited to take a campus tour of Channel Islands and meet other admitted students. Obviously, I'm there a lot so I'm probably gonna pass on that offer. I feel like the semester is going by really fast and soon I'll be moving to Camarillo and I decided if I get accepted to San Francisco State. I'll probably go there instead. Either way I'm transferring soon, which is crazy, but I think I'm ready for new experiences and to sit next to new strangers.

-KIKI REYES  


No comments:

Post a Comment