Friday, February 14, 2014

Acting Class, Brave, Valentine's Day


Something that has been inspiring me lately, is my acting class. Three weeks ago I was extremely awkward in front of my classmates, but I'm suddenly seeing myself improve in my confidence and my public speaking. I guess I didn't find the point in taking risks because I was afraid of failure or in this case freezing and stuttering my words in front of my class. I'm not sure why people imagine other people in their underwear to face public speaking I think that would make me even more uncomfortable. Anyways, this class has made me dismiss any thoughts of people criticizing me because the only way to be a better actor is to loosen up and push yourself out of your comfort zone. I mean I don't think I'll be the next Jennifer Lawrence, but at least acting will help me with my confidence. (To the left is the recent acting skit we had to do, it was an hour in your life. You had to list ten things you do in one hour. I chose 5:30-6:30pm after work and the actions I do include, changing into sweats right when I get home from work, tuning my guitar, starting homework, and dancing around like a maniac. You can imagine me acting these out right?)


I was able to introduce this class to my musical side. We had to present who we are right now, so I sang them a song that makes me who I am today. This song is entitled "Brave" by Sara Bareilles. Some of the lyrics are so inspirational and while singing this song I myself felt so moved, I even teared up. I'm so relieved my classmates enjoyed it and I might just post up a video of me covering it this song. Might :)



I hope you all had a random Valentine's day. All I wanted was a heart-shaped pizza from Rusty's and I got it! I hope your weekend plans go swell.

-KIKI REYES

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment