Friday, February 28, 2014

Horror Film, The Sports of the Gods, Balancing, Rainstorm


I noticed the lights flickering at work once the rain started to pick up. Each drop became more vicious hitting the ground like it owed the sky something. I left the door open,  just so I wouldn't feel lonely and the rain could accompany me watching the clock's hands move cautiously. I tried turning on the computer to check the schedule for today, but it was static, which was strangely fascinating. I had to turn it off before I got sucked in. I decided to finish reading my book entitled "The Sport of the Gods" by Paul Laurence Dunbar. After several pages, the thunder became the rain's accomplice, and interrupted my reading. I went outside to watch them high-jack the day. Several minutes past and I decided to retire to reading again until the phone rang. I answered "Steve Morris Defensive Driving School this is Kiki..." and nobody answered. The lights flickered once more, while the phone rang. This time I could hear someone getting out of their car, they hung up. I looked outside from my desk and rain picked up again.

I decided to write my day at work as a horror movie. This actually happened though, the phone rang, lights flickered, and the computer was static. I texted my friend and told her I was in a scene from a horror film. It sounds more mysterious when I describe it this way. Oh and I finished reading "The Sports of the Gods" by Dunbar, it was pretty amazing, I finished it in three days.


This week was been tough for me because I've been trying to balance work, school, my social life, and making time for myself. I also haven't' been giving myself enough time to sleep, which explains my erratic behavior. Sleep is pretty important as well as taking take to be with family and friends. (Jaz, Cookie, and I on the left) I hope everyone is enjoying this rain, Santa Barbara really needed it. Here's my ultimate rain storm playlist:

"When it Rains" By Paramore,
"Eavesdrop" The Civil Wars
"Distance" Christina Perri
"Same Old Sam Old" The Civil Wars
"The Cave" Mumford and Sons
"A Beautiful Mess" by Jason Mraz
"Route Around" by Rebelution
"I Wanna Be Yours" Arctic Monkeys
"No Letter" Iration,
"Only Excpetion" Paramore,
"Gravity" Sara Bareilles
"Thinkin Bout You" Frank Ocean

(My beautiful backyard taking a break from the rain)

I absolutely obsessed with "Route Around"
by Rebelution, definitely my favorite song at the moment. Well have a great weekend, catch up on your sleep, and maybe try to start your homework on Sunday morning, instead of Sunday evening. Just a suggestion.

-KIKI REYES 

No comments:

Post a Comment