Saturday, February 8, 2014

Santa Barbara Film Festival 2014, Leonardo Dicaprio, Prankster hugs again



My favorite actor and celebrity crush, Leonardo Dicaprio made an appearance at the Santa Barbara Film Festival last night (Thursday Feb. 6). Leo and Director Martin Scorsese came to accept the Cinema Vanguard Award. I had a tough week adjusting my schedule for spring semester because I suddenly began feeling the pressure of doing better than last semester and I also felt a bit overwhelmed by the few faces in my classes and the new first impressions I had to make. It's chaos. One thing that was holding me together was seeing Leonardo walk into the Arlington Theatre, where I had a dance performance just last month. It sounds sort of ridiculous, but I'm sure everyone is a fan of a band, actor, director, writer, etc.

The actors usually make their appearance at around 7:40 in the evening before walking into the theatre. I got to the railing at about 6:20 and it was packed. I think the time to start claiming your spot was around 5 or 5:30 and I had just gotten off of work at that time. The only thing I was determined was to get a picture for my blog to show you guys how hectic it is but how amazing that celebrities like Leo are able to take time out of their crazy schedules to come to Santa Barbara.

While waiting a few celebrities walked by including Karina Smirnof and Jonah Hill (Picture on the Left). Suddenly, the third black SUV came and the dashing Leo finally made his appearance. At this point the crowd went insane pushing through the railing and fighting the security guards. They were not able to hold the crowd back. This was when famous prankster Vitalii Sediuk jumped on Leo and hugged him near his legs. This was one of his many pranks including his inappropriate kiss on Will Smith, during the 2012 premiere of Men and Black 3 (http://www.eonline.com/news/508495/leonardo-dicaprio-gets-his-crotch-hugged-at-the-santa-barbara-international-film-festival-see-the-pic).

Comes to show what the Santa Barbara Film Festival attracts, many famous celebrities. Aren't you glad you live here? Or are at least considering to live here?

- KIKI REYES


 
Here's the Video Enjoy!
(Video Credit: Martin Pascual)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment