Monday, September 16, 2013

Critiques, Creative Writing, CSU Channel Islands, Foxes



I recently wrote a poem called "Holy Water." In my Creative Writing class I signed it up to be workshopped, and of course I went under anonymous so nobody would know I wrote it. Its weird after many years of writing I still get afraid of people's reactions towards my work. So I missed the day my poem got work shopped and I have no idea what my classmates said about my scandalous poem (Until now)... Well its not that scandalous. I do express my view of religion and respect in this writing piece and its something I'm really proud of. And now everyone knows I wrote and I owe up to my words. I got my scraps of critiques back today, it wasn't entirely bad.
(Picture on the right the actual scraps of paper from my creative writing class)
Also this weekend I was able to visit my sister at her school, CSU Channel Islands.(Left picture) It was nice getting the whole college experience because I was able to stay at her dorm and meet some of her friends. My sister gave me a tour of her school, while I was there and one thing I loved the most was the library. It has three stories of shelves filled with knowledge, it was masterpiece. I noticed that this school has a friendly laidback vibe, but I was pretty skeptical when we went up to her friend's dorm and saw him and his roommates watching cat videos on YouTube. Luckily, they decided to meet up with us later on my tour of Channel Islands and we walked around for a couple of hours. They were telling me that they have hiking, running, they go ghost hunting ( I don't recall its haunted) and kayaking as well. There's a lot to do there, I guess when I went the students were just in the need of relaxing rather than exploring.

Wanna know something I learned while I was at CSU Channel Islands? What sound the fox makes... This is quite embarrassing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jofNR_WkoCE
(the best part of this song is that it had the potential of being a very good song, but not anymore)
Enjoy!

-KIKI REYES

No comments:

Post a Comment