Thursday, September 26, 2013

Stressing, Music, Paramore, Zedd, More Stressing, Paradise



I have to admit I was sort of stressing a couple days ago and I had to take a moment. It was not like those snickers commercials where they're like need a moment? Eat a snickers. It was sort of serious I was feeling overwhelmed from  TOO much pressure; so instead I took a step back and thought about where I wanted to be in a year. After I came to a conclusion, I ran to my guitar and sang my heart out.  I seriously don't know where I'd be without music and I'm so content that many people can relate to this passion of playing or listening to music. (Left: me and my guitar Photocredit: https://www.facebook.com/cejaephotography)

Speaking of music my favorite song at the moment is my "Stay the Night" by Zedd featuring Hayley Williams. If your a fan of the alternative rock band Paramore (my Paramore vinyl on the right)  than you'll like this song. If your into the mainstream techno movement that's happening in this time period you'll like this song. The music video to this song is the most artistic and unusual video I've ever seen! It features two talented contemporary dancers as well as the artists themselves. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-gyZ35074k)

Anyways, I'm feeling much better like I can achieve anything, cliche right? For those of you who are feeling the pressure and stressed out of your minds you should go to the "Stress Management" workshop on December 5th  in the CAI Lab 2 in the LRC from 1:00 -1:50 p.m. I know December is many weeks away but time goes by so quickly! I think we've been in school for about five weeks already thats insane! The day after my little meltdown everything went well and I decided I wanted to make amends with people I've stopped talking to because: one) most of them were a huge part of my life two) because I'm going to be transferring soon and who knows when I'll ever seen them again.

Today was pretty good too. I got my midterm back and I was pretty happy with my score. I was able to take a nice walk around campus with my friends I just met the beginning of this semester. It's amazing how you can meet someone here and feel so connected to them right away. So literally we walked in a circle around campus, while walking I was thinking I can go to school in paradise. Its like what my friends and I say to each other when we seen tourists, "We live where they vacation."
(Left: The Garden on the East Campus; Right: My friends Skylar, Theresa, and I)


I'm happy to share Santa Barbara with everyone as long as they admire it and take care of it as us natives do. :)

-KIKI REYES

P.S: Yesterday I was able to meet my fellow co-bloggers.
These people have some very unique personalities and you should make sure to tune into their lives as well: http://www.sbcc.edu/socialnetworks/studentstories/

No comments:

Post a Comment