Sunday, September 22, 2013

Procrastination, Evening Walks and Runs, Running Playlist, Songwriting


 
 So I've been trying so hard not to procrastinate.  I have a bunch of reading due on tomorrow and it seemed kind of  impossible to have it all done by then- its about 100 pages of reading I need to get done from different subjects (Creative Writing, American Lit, History 101, Sociology). Its a challenge I was willing to accept, and I managed to get half of that reading done. I also have an essay due by 9pm tomorrow morning, lucky I finished it earlier today (my Essay on the right... its a draft). I guess moving away from procrastination really makes you less stress. ...C'est La Vie!  

With my extra time, I was able to go on a walk and a run every evening this week. Its so relaxing. Especially with the fall weather is present now, not to hot not to cold, its perfection. I could feel the cold air brush gently through my skin like a whispers being told cautiously in ones ear. That's my poetic description of how amazing it was. I take my dog for a nice run at my old Jr.High and later in the evening I walk to the grocery store, than I get back to homework.
(On a Walk at my Jr High W/ Cookie on Left and a sunset on the right) 

Also good music= good run. My running play consists of a lot of alternative/Indie music such as:
1. "Reptilia" - The Strokes
2. "Perfect"- Flyleaf
3. "A Certain Romance"- Arctic Monkeys
4. "Radioactive" Imagine Dragons
5. "Stay the Night (feat. Hayley Williams of Paramore)" - Zedd
6. "Something Good Can Work"- Two Door Cinema Club
7. "Supersoaker"- Kings of Leon

Anyways my songwriting is taking off again. It seems to be during fall when I write my favorite songs. I recently wrote a song called "Still and Always," I was inspired about past events that occurred and as well as my friend's experiences. The best thing about writing a song is that it doesn't always have to be about a person, it could be a general thing or something that should of occurred. It can be pure imagination. Here is my song your interested in listening: https://soundcloud.com/kikisrey/still-and-always-original-kiki
those of you who aren't maybe my running playlist will interest you. :)


Monday is the start of a new week hopefully I wont embarrass myself too much tomorrow.

-KIKI REYES

No comments:

Post a Comment