Sunday, September 29, 2013

Dancing, Bashh, Running, Hiking, Typical Weekend


When I was six years old I started dancing for my elementary school dance team; I did that until I was eleven. Within those years I was able to meet one of my favorite dance teachers who unfortunately, due to school budgets, only taught my team for a year. I ran into her a couple years later. I was about 13 when started taking ballet with her dance company (Fusion Dance Company) while taking guitar lessons. And like that Katy Perry song, "I chose guitar over ballet." My sister now dances for Fusion Dance Company with our dance teacher. I'm so proud of her she is such a talented dancer. I myself have considered on and off again to become a dancer again. I even sometimes take classes at her studio just for a nice work out, but I'm thinking right now isn't the time.


My sister had a dance performance this weekend for a showcase entitled, BASSH (poster on the left). I unfortunately wasn't able to go attend the show because it sold out so quickly. What I did attend was the cast party, which was different than your typical party. So basically everyone there was a dancer skilled in different types of dance (Jazz, Contemporary, Swing, Salsa). I literally walked in and everyone was swing dancing, it was like walking into a 1920s club. I really enjoyed it because the meaning of real dancing has been fading away this generation. Next thing you know the music and the mood changes and my dance teacher invites me to salsa on the dance floor. What an experience it was! I'm considering taking some salsa lessons now, well I did meet a salsa instructor.

I also went for a run with my friend on West beach, by school. It seem like the temperature was heating up on that run and we didn't drink enough water before; so lesson learned. Always drink two bottles of water before running! Fortunately, we stopped under a shady palm tree to stretch and relax. It turned out I am still quite flexible from my dancing days (To the right my handstand on a palm tree, excuse my sickle feet).

Again, I was able to run at my old jr. high to walk my dog and I ran into our graphic designer from our blogging site; She was walking her dog as well. Since my sister was here my family and I went hiking. We up tunnel trail to Inspiration Point (On the left: my older sister, Jasmine and I)This probably the hundredth time we've done this, okay I'm over exaggerating haha. We do hike a lot. A few summers ago I used to hike four times a week and run during the days I didn't hike. It was intense. Anyways, my family and I really love hiking because it all about becoming aware of your natural surroundings and keeping your mind off things. Since, I've been working out lately it wasn't challenging at all.   

Hopefully I'm not to sore tomorrow from all the exercise I've done. Its a great lifestyle you know? (on the right: That's where SBCC should be by the tiny cruise ship)
 
I hope you guys had a fabulous weekend, time to get back into focus. Let's make Monday a great day! That was meant to be enthusiastic :)

- KIKI REYES

PS. Random fact today 4 years ago Paramore released their Brand New Eyes Album...



No comments:

Post a Comment