Wednesday, September 18, 2013

People Watching, Pants, Clichés


This semester's work load its pretty challenging. I think its mainly because of all the reading from my two English courses, but it is something I am enjoying. And coincidentally the historical period in my American Literature class is basically what I'm learning in my online History class. I didn't do that purposely, it just happened.

 I've noticed the weather is finally cooling down because I happened to be shivering under the shade today, while I was sitting down on the West Campus' Café. It was a great day for people watching, and according to my Creative Writing textbook "...good fiction writers are usually good people watchers" (Starkey 118). I didn't really mind sitting alone. I mean I was accompanied by friends, that I met today, before they went to class. I was reading from my History book, but at the same time trying to become aware of my surroundings to see if I can get inspired for a song or story or anything really. Its awesome to say that you can basically see the beach anywhere your sitting. I could see many people sitting on the grass reading, eating, and napping. Its weird to think that you won't be able to meet everyone on this campus.
(Left: My American Literature book) 


That's one of my goals, to just randomly jump into conversations with strangers at school. For example today I had to stop at a table by the IDC building, next to the library, to fix my pants. I folded them so they were capris, but awkwardly while I was walking one was lop-sided. There was a guy listening to his iPod and doing his homework. I went to the table next to him and he watched me, I told him "I'm just fixing my pants." He took one earphone out of his ear and he laughed. I fixed my problem and said "Have a nice day!" The other day I sat next to random people at a table for about an hour and after I found out their names and their majors.



Another one of my goal is to do well this semester, as cliché as that sounds. Another, Another goal I have is to stop using clichés, especially since I'm going to be a writer.

(Picture toward the right was taken this morning, while I was getting dropped off at school. That's Cookie, my dragon)


-KIKI REYES







No comments:

Post a Comment